Biomedical Sciences - Books and ebooks
You can search for books and ebooks using the Library Catalogue, via Discovery. When looking specifically fo rebooks try searching here or individual ebook providers e.g. Ebook Central, Elsevier eibrary or MyiLibrary.
Below are listed useful book and ebook search tools relevant to biomedicine students.
An online reference collection, featuring full-text content from subject-specific reference titles. Do a keyword search of the whole collection or browse for a reference work by subject. Get help planning your research by visualising your topic with a concept map.
Contains full text books in many subject areas.
A collection of key textbooks including:
- Aulton's Pharmaceutics, Aulton ME.
- Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Walker R.
- Community Pharmacy 2nd Edition, Rutter P.
- Fundamentals of pharmacognosy and phytotherapy, Heinrich M.
- General and Systematic Pathology 5th Edition, Underwood J.
- Kumar and Clark's Clinical Medicine 8th Edition, Kumar P
- Mim's Medical Microbiology 5th Edition, Goering R.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis 4th Edition, Watson DG.
- Pharmaceutical Practice, Rees JA.
- Rang & Dale's Pharmacology 7th Edition, Rang HP.
- Textbook of Medical Physiology 12th Edition, Guyton AC.
- The Top 100 Drugs
The Library Catalogue contains details of books, journals, DVDs and other materials held by the library in physical form as well as many resources available electronically (eg. e-books and databases).
A 'search term' may be all or part of a title, author, publisher or simply subject keywords.
A guide to the using the library catalogue can be found here http://www.libr.port.ac.uk/libguides/LG174.pdf
MedicinesComplete is an online platform which offers access to world-leading drug and healthcare resources. MedicinesComplete is a unique collection of clinically-proven, unbiased pharmaceutical information providing practical guidance and insight to pharmaceutical and clinical practitioners, researchers, and regulatory professionals
- British national formulary
- British national formulary for Children
- Pharmaceutical excipients
- Stockley’s drug interactions
Biomedical Sciences books can be found on the First Floor of the Library. Remember that you must use the Library Catalogue to find the books you want rather than just browsing the shelves.